Saturday 16 March 2013

PHOTOSHOOT LOCATIONS

Today I went on the search for a location for my 80's inspired photoshoot. I had an idea that I wanted to do it against a decaying/derelict wall; as the design of my jacket is quite 'regal', I wanted to photograph it in the complete opposite setting to where you would expect it to be seen. I ended up making tight leather pants and the pink blouse for the same reason. The 80's was full of various different fashion trends, I wanted my final outfit to be completely mix-matched, but when worn the pieces (as weird as they are together) would still look like they belong as part of the ensemble. 

The search for a grotty wall. 
I walked around the bottom end of Leeds in search for a lovely decayed wall, by the canal. I wish I knew street names, but i'm just no good with places! I think a few of the locations looked quite 'decayed' or even just textured, but they're all pretty boring really. They would be good for a photoshoot if you are just wanting standard profile photos, but I think i'm wanting somewhere my model can actually react to the scenery or 'props', not just a couple of Coke cans and a soggy takeaway box. I'm doing my photoshoot tomorrow morning so i'll hopefully find somewhere perfect. 

Check out my Pinterest for my inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment