Wednesday 29 August 2012

THRIFTY TREASURES

I'm not one of those hugely Royalist people but i think these mugs are just so pretty and flowery. And at least when i move to Leeds i'll know if someones stolen my cups! I got these in charity shops recently for £2.20 altogether. 
I saw this weird little pendant on a stall at Silloth Carboot sale, i don't know how old it is but it looks so strange and for 50p why not? I think the pendant part is close to snapping, so i might even stick it on a ring! 
I just love the colours and the gold on this saucer. I found it in a £1 box in Keswick's Magpie Vintage. My sister actually bought the set for £7 but i'm planning on putting this in my Fashion Inspiration Project box.
Thankfully my boyfriend used his skills to get this Vintage Orange Crocodile Skin purse for only £5 at Penrith Carboot sale! I think it's beautiful.
This is also from Magpie Vintage for £2!
So i've been collecting these old souvenir spoons recently. I saw this man at the Whitehaven Festival making jewellery out of cutlery so i thought i could give it a go, making these into rings. You can usually find these for £1 each.
This lovely silk scarf is from Magpie Vintage again, for £8. A bit more than i would usually spend on a scarf, especially when charity shops are full of them for under £1! But i couldn't resist. 
A broken but quite unusually looking LED watch from Silloth Carboot sale for £1.
I got these old postcards from a little Antique shop in Keswick a couple of weeks ago, for my Vintage Inspiration Box as part of my Uni summer homework. I love the one on the right, i think it has a sort of Native American style to it. But i got these for £3.50 altogether. 

For sure my Inspiration box is going to be full! This is what i have collected in only the past couple of weeks. Now to get started of my "Mini-Me" doll of myself for university. When i'm finished i'll post photos!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you turn those spoons into jewellery! Keep us updated with how it's going x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will do when i get round to it (:

      x

      Delete