Friday 25 January 2013

THRIFTY TREASURES

I haven't done one of these posts for a long time! And I should have really, over Christmas I bought so much! The Charity shops in Cumbria are just the best. I would have though Leeds would have good Charity shops but I don't even bother to go in them anymore. There are a lot of Vintage shops in Leeds, so I thought all the nice things from the Charity shops must be sold to the local Vintage shops. It's too expensive to shop Vintage all the time, you can just as good at Carboot sales, Markets and Charity Shops. 

The first shop we went in to, Dylan found this dark grey 80's Bomber Jacket. Since starting my project based on 80's fashion, which in all honesty I was not too fond of the style in that decade before I started the brief. I have since found my love for that period. I have another bomber jacket which I got at a Vintage Kilo sale in Leeds just before Christmas and I wear it all the time! Even though it's extremely patterned (I can't tell you what the pattern resembles, it's mad) blue and purple. This grey one will be a lot more wearable and I managed to get it for £3.79!
I don't usually wear bracelets, i'm more of a watch fan. You wouldn't have thought it looking at my Jewellery collection though! I'm not sure how old they are, but they look so retro. I got both of these for 50p!
Whilst waiting in the queue I couldn't help myself, I had to buy this as well. I think it could look pretty quite tight underneath a collar of a cream/white shirt. 
I wasn't completely sold on this shirt, but I loved the pattern. The fabric felt quite expensive also. The Charity shop I got this from was Buy one get one Free so I got it for £2.50!
I got this Paisley patterned shirt for £3, even though I bought it my sister is arguing with me over who should keep it! All I seem to do is buy things for her, hmmm, i'll think about it. 
I'm completely obsessed with Candelabras at the moment I have 4 now! This one is similar to my first one but teenie, it'll be perfect to store my rings on. 
I love teacups, I really want to make teacup candles. This was a set of 6 cups and saucers, they're so cute, i'm considering selling them on my online shop. (When I get it up and running!)
I was in two minds whether or not to buy these Soup Bowls. They are really cute and I especially love the illustrations to represent the different types of soup, Pumpkin, Chicken, Onion and Mushroom. I would love to keep them for myself but I don't have a house, i'm still a student so i'm sure I could find them loving home. I'll be putting them in my shop when I get round to it. 
Dylan bought me this tshirt, (this is the back) the front has a little grey logo on the front. I love it. 
Most clothing I buy is branded St.Michaels and it is one of my favourites. Although this picture doesn't show it, the belt is Navy blue. £3. 
And because I just can't have enough scarves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment