Sunday 24 November 2013

TAILORING PROJECT BRIEF

My first project brief of year 2 was based around tailoring. I had to chose two words from a list including cushioned, out-of-the-archive, line-drawing, dot-to-dot, geometric, distorted, inside-out... (they're the only ones I can remember). I chose to start off with Geometric and Distorted. I had to create a sketchbook for each of these words, coming up with sample ideas and to get inspiration for my final piece. I decided for this project to do something that i'd never done before and push myself, I wanted to design menswear. I thought it would be a good opportunity to show range for my portfolio.

At the end of the project we are expected to hand-in two sketchbooks of initial research on our chosen words, a third sketchbook of those words combined which we will have designed and sampled from, designs and development of a four outfit collection, an outfit fully toiled, a final garment made of my chosen fabric, a research file, illustrations and a half blazer to show tailoring techniques. A lot of work!
I did start this project in September so thankfully a portion of this work is completed, I shall keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment