Tuesday 26 November 2013

URBAN OUTFITTERS ILLUSTRATION PROJECT

For Personal Professional Practice we had been given an exciting brief for Urban Outfitters. I was to create a fashion illustration or style a photo shoot for a zine that would be sold and exhibited in store. 

I put together a series of mood boards to gather inspiration from street style features in magazines, clothing websites, instagram and Pinterest. 
I haven't drawn in such a long time and i've never been outrageously talented in that medium. I wanted to do something a little different to what I assumed everyone else on my course would be doing. I looked at various trends I could incorporate into my piece, composition and different techniques. Embroidery really interested me from the beginning of my research. I'd never done any embroidery before but how hard could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment