Thursday 19 December 2013

HANDMADE LEATHER CLUTCH BAG

I find buying presents for people so hard. I think the only person I am good at buying presents for is my sister, mainly because I just buy things I like and luckily we have the same taste. This year I thought it would be a good idea to hand make my gifts; a lot more thought and effort goes into it and I'm skint

I have so much leather at the moment! I went a little mad whilst fabric shopping in Dewsbury and came back with quite a handful. I thought it would be good to make a little purse or a clutch bag for Sarah, for our uni Christmas meal.
I hand drew a pattern and chose this pretty orangey/tan leather with the inner suede for detail. My poor sewing machine struggled a little with the thickness of the leather but we got there eventually!
I''m really pleased with the result, especially seen as how it is my first ever attempt.  I really want to make more! I have many colours and i'm contemplating making mother a make-up bag, like she doesn't have enough!  Hmmm.

1 comment: