Wednesday 4 December 2013

URBAN OUTFITTERS PHOTOS

Here are my 3 favourite images from my photoshoot for Urban Outfitters. In total I had taken around 70 photographs, half with a colour film and half with black and white. I developed the black and white film by hand in Uni; I hadn't done it for about 2 years so it took a little bit to refresh my memory. I really enjoy film photography, I like having the control and being able to 'photoshop' your images the old-fashioned way. I would have liked to have posted my contact sheet but I left it at Vernon Street campus and I keep forgetting to retrieve it, oops. 
Originally for the photoshoot I was just going to take head-shots because if I was going to embroider over it I wanted it to be simple. I did take the first 10 as head-shots against a white background but they just weren't doing it for me. I was pretty relaxed with the styling for this photoshoot, my sister model dresses well to begin with (which I take full responsibility for) so I didn't have to put too much thought into it. Obviously I wasn't going to put her in something like a floaty dress and high heels, the outfit has to fit in with the surroundings. I love the jacket Bethany is wearing, she picked it up in a charity shop a couple of weeks prior; paired with a velvet top, high-waisted jeans, a tartan scarf and vintage docs. 

I love these photographs. It was made even better when a neighbour's little cat came to say hi and sat on  Bethany's knee. It is called Apollo.

No comments:

Post a Comment