Sunday 7 October 2012

SUNDAY PORTRAIT WEEK 017

001. It has been quite a good week. We started our project for Fashion Practice and Methodologies, and so far we're just making lots of mood boards. I really need to improve my layout skills! At the end of the project we should have completed a "fashion guide", can't say i'm entirely sure on what that is but, i'll find out eventually. I also got my Context of Practice brief, which is to create a T-shirt reflecting your personality. I'm not looking forward to that, mine will probably consist of cats. Typically. 

002. This week we were set a task to go out in to Leeds and take Street Style photos of fashionable, diverse looking people. At first i was quite embarrassed to go up and ask people, but it wore off. Some Gangsta looking guy was quite weird about it though, "No, baby. No." all up in my face. He must've been a fugitive. I only ended up getting 6 but i'll try to get more next week. 

003. There were a couple of Student lock-ins this week, i wasn't really too bothered about going. I don't want to spend money. But i gave in. The Urban Outfitters one was my favourite, free drinks, a band and photographers flying round. But even with a 20% discount i just couldn't spend all that money on clothes. The stuff was so nice though! I did treat myself to some Suede Flatforms from RiverIsland mind. My friends from home came to visit me on yesterday for Chelsea's Birthday night out so i needed some sort of height. Can't hack staying out until 5ish in hells, it's crazy. 

004. It was a good night out. We decided to go to Oceana, i'd not been before but i had heard it was chav central. It was actually really good, it's massive inside, there is like 7 bars in it so you couldn't get bored. Walking through each one, i actually felt like i was walking into a different country. I wanted to sit in Paris, but it was too full. It looking a bit like a brothel, with red velvet curtains, tassels and old dim lights. I was a bit gutted that some people wanted to go home at like 1am though, we'd only been there for just over an hour! I wanted to stay until 5! Anyway, it was sad seeing my friends leave. I didn't want them to go ha. I didn't notice until they came that people aren't the same here. I'm so excited to go back for reading week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment