Tuesday 31 July 2012

"DON'T HAVE ANY DORITOS OFF US, THEY'RE PISS SCENTED"


So i've been meaning to put this post up for a while now. Honestly i haven't really done much this summer at all, but one of those things i have done is go to a local festival Kendal Calling. I did go last year but i wasn't really looking forward to it, honestly i didn't even want to go. I didn't really know any of the acts or liked them. But surprisingly it was really fun, i really enjoyed myself. I have been to festivals before and there's always that rush to get to the very front of the stage and see as many people as humanly possible. But i found at Kendal because i didn't really know the acts, i didn't have that stress and i could actually enjoy the festival atmosphere! 

001. So Dylan and I decided to go this year as well, but a few of my friends were going also. We drove there in the most packed car you've ever seen. I was sat on two rolled up foam beds with a water-bottle between my legs and a rucksack on my lap. At least it was safe to say we couldn't speed up enough to get in a car crash! The queue to get in was unbelievable and we got shouted at by this huge black security man. I'm sure he called us stupid girls and i was so scared he was going to grab my bag off me and throw it! We tried to be sly and push in, but failed. 

002. We ended up camping next to this strange man in a Tepee who we named the 'Chainsaw Massacre' or 'CM' because well, he had a chainsaw. Not the best first impression when we saw him slyly stealing other people tent pegs. Oh and stealing a sip of Sammi's drink. There was another weirdo staying in the Tepee who would just leave us alone. I have never met anyone on as much drugs in my life. I couldn't stand him! 

003. First thing on my list to do was check out the vintage stalls of course. And i wasn't disappointed! There was so many things i wanted. I'll have to post what i bought there. An amazing Crocodile bag has to be my best purchase. Dylan was really wanting a Poncho and i've had a hate for them as long as i can remember. Unfortunately it rained A LOT this past weekend and i gave in, i'm so glad i did. It is the most comfiest thing ever, i felt like i was wearing my blanket around with me. 

004. I really couldn't get as drunk as i wanted to, i'd feel merry for about half an hour then completely sober for the rest of the night.  I didn't really want to sit in the campsite all day drinking when i could be in the LadyBird tent making dreamcatchers and doing a Pub quiz in the Comedy tent. Dizzee Rascal was headlining on the Saturday which i was looking forward to the most. It was really good but it all went a bit sour after that.

005. A couple of my friends left a day early which was quite shit, because i think Sunday was my favourite night. I definitely don't think Kendal Calling was as good as last year, but maybe that's just me... Yeah, i can't be bothered writing anything else ha. Actually one thing i would like to mention is the fact my friends would piss in their own tent, the smell was horrendous and that area was permanently sludgy, there is a photo above. Ewwy!

No comments:

Post a Comment