Wednesday 4 July 2012

"THE WITCH, THE WIZARD AND THE CUPBOARD"


So i've been trying to put all these photos on for two days now!  I got back from London really late on Saturday (technically Sunday) and i've been in Leeds so i've had a very busy week and a half to say the least! London was really fun, a lot more relaxing than last year. We did so much last year in the 4 days we were there, so there wasn't as much tourist-y stuff for us to do this year. You wouldn't have thought it though, the way my feet were hurting! We still managed to fit quite a lot in, even if we were at New Blood for a couple of days.


001. We only arrived at about 2pm-ish so after dropping off our bags at Emma's, which is so far away! Like an hour on the tube + walking. We just wandered around Oxford Street and went for a meal at wetherspoons, The burger was unreal, apart from the disgusting spicy cheese sauce. Blergh! There was also a sort-of pre-party at Bricklane, which was just really some animations from students in the back room of a club. Bricklane is so Hipster it's unreal! I did enjoy it though.

002. The first half of Day two was spent at the D&AD place watching everyone else put up their exhibition, while i just sat and watched. So unbelievably boring and hot in there. i did buy a pretty leather belt and some vintage floral fabric though. We got to leave by 2pm so there was still valuable sightseeing time! We went to NottingHill because Rachy wanted to go to a Hoarders Museum on Packaging and i'd heard there was a Market. The market (if you can even call it that) was shit, it was full of the same stuff on every stall, ugly jewellery and floral mugs. I did like NottingHill though, it was a really pretty place. We then tried to go to the Tate Museum to see the Damien Hurst exhibition. But unfortunately it was closed ): We went to a D&AD party thingy at night 93 Feet East which was okay, the the drinks were pretty hefty money though.

003. Dylan had a Saatchi and Saatchi tour so i spent the morning wandering round London like a big girl on my own. I was on the search for vintage shops! I went to the huge Absolute Vintage on day two, and i heard there was another near Oxford Street. Oh my gosh it was so hard to find! The map i had to go on was off the back of a little Business Card, i ended up walking too far down a 'Sex Street' full of lap dance clubs and Sex toy shops. So awkward, there was even a perky old man looking in the windows. When i finally arrived at the shop, i walked into the middle of a Tv set of some programme about Vintage Clothes. I didn't want to leave straight away, not to look a bit stupid but in the end i just ran out ashamed. I really couldn't be arsed shopping and the thought of having to look round the biggest Topshop known to man was certainly daunting. I couldn't even handle it. I only came out with a cupcake, i very good one at that! We then headed to Carnaby Street for a little look around, and a trip to Ripley's Believe it or Not. It was really interesting, quite expensive though, but it was good! Hamleys and Buckingham Palace followed.

004. Thursday morning, Dylan and Rachy had to man the exhibition so i could wander round Absolute Vintage, but there was Vintage Market near by and by time i'd finished looking at that they were finished. The market was so weird, some of the items being sold were so unusual! There was a stuffed monkey wearing a suit, a human skull, real human teeth and dolls eyes! I didn't manage to buy anything though, i don't know what came over me, but nothing caught my eye. Afterwards we went to The Hunterian Museum which was definitely up my street, it was so interesting! The place was full of obscure specimens in jars and strange deformities in cabinets. The highlight of the visit was definitely seeing a Sloth foetus. I love Sloths so much, and the foetus looked like ET, it was amazing! After seeing all this though we didn't see much point paying £10 to see pretty much the same sort of thing at the Damien Hurst exhibition. Afterwards we had a Krispy Kreme Donut which was amazing and headed off to Covent Garden. It was entertaining seeing the street performers but it did ruin it when after an hour you'd see a different person performing the exact same act, word-for-word. M&Ms World was my favourite. We went to our usual, Wetherspoons again for dinner and a little drink. It was a really fun night.   

005. This was our last full day in London so it was spent at Camden Market. I love Camden Market, even if the weather was awful! My camera was about to die so i barely got any photos unfortunately. I did buy a disposable so i'll have to get them developed soon! Dylan stretched my ear, we ate Bang Bang chicken and i got to try my first battered Mars Bar. Then we walked along the Thames, drank at Emma's then slept. (You can tell my attention span is lacking now). 

006. We went to Absolute Vintage and i bought a Crocodile Skin belt and a really nice Black Satchel. I want a Snakeskin bag so much! They were way too expensive for me though. There was another vintage fair so i even stocked up on a few pairs of Sunglasses for £2 each. I had done more shopping on my last day than the entire trip! After rushing to Victoria Coach Station we realised Dylan had the wrong departure time, by about two hours. So we resorted to getting out my sleeping bag and napping in the park, along with some scary polish people who were very drunk and kept fighting. Deffo thought my bag was going to get nicked! 

Apologises for this awfully long post, i can't sleep and i was hoping this would get me a little tired. It's worked. 

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! I love Landaaan so much! xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! The Vintage shops are amazing!

      x

      Delete