Thursday 5 July 2012

THRIFTY TREASURES

I'm in love with this bag. It did take good deal of hunting for but it was worth it. I got this from Absolute Vintage (the big one, near Bricklane). I was originally looking for a Crocodileskin bag but they were just too pricey. This was only £20!
As my Boyfriend's New Blood thingy was in Spitalfields there was really nothing else for me to do other than wander round the vicinity. I found this little stall selling vintage items, and nothing really caught my eye except this cutting of old floral fabric for £2. I think it's beautiful. It isn't a vast amount, i'd say maybe 1.5m² but i can't see myself using it. It's too pretty and i know i won't find anything good enough to make with it.
I also ended up buying a couple of belts, you can never have too many brown belts. Last year i lost my favourite in the London Dungeon, this year i had back-ups! Left: I got this Crocodile skin belt from a £1 bin in Absolute Vintage. Right: And this one is from another stall at Spitalfields. 
Even though New Blood was finished with i had heard there was a Vintage fair on in Spitalfields on the weekend. So obviously i dragged Dylan along. I got these sunglasses for only £2 each! I'm quite disappointed i didn't buy more in London but i'd rather buy quality things, rather than a lot of shit. I did buy a beautiful vintage silk shirt from Camden Market, but i've just worn it so i don't have a photo...

So as you will have gathered from my last post, i have just come back from a trip to London with my boyfriend. Here are a few of the lovely vintage things i managed to pick up. I live in a small town, with the clothes shops consisting of a New Look and a Topshop. So unless you order an outfit off the internet, you can guarantee there is at least a handful of people with the same dress as you. At least with Vintage shopping you have a guarantee you'll be the only one wearing it, and it's prettier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment