Tuesday 18 September 2012

MINI-ME DOLL

So for my summer project for my fashion course i was asked to make a doll of myself (complete with fake eye-lashes). Reflecting the way i look, as well as my personality. I spent two weeks on this, and it was hard work! I knew people wouldn't put as much effort into it as i would, i guess that's typical. I'm a little obsessive. 

So i based my doll design on Coraline, my favourite ever film! I could literally watch it on repeat. I wanted a similar silhouette, with the exception that it would have my features. I created the pattern myself, which was probably the most difficult part. I made her a little outfit by hand also, that took forever, my sewing machine decided it didn't want to sew! But it looks pretty. I'm never without my typical Bodycon skirt, brown belt and grey cardigan. So what else would i make? I even attempted to make little Vans! 

I really can't think of anything that represents my personality. So i made a sloth, not because i'm lazy, which i am, but i just couldn't resist. I love sloths! I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment