Sunday 3 June 2012

SUNDAY PORTRAIT WEEK 005


001. Hello there! It has been a very long week. My project deadline was on Thursday and i am so glad it's over! A leotard has to be the hardest thing ever to make, (especially when your mannequin is too fat and it doesn't have a crotch). But anyways, i did not sleep one bit on Wednesday night, way too much work to be done. I wish i had been introduced to the wonders of coffee earlier, i have never felt more awake in my entire life! I think i got about 30ish pages of work done...

002. I did get a delivery this week of a new mannequin, (my 3rd to be exact) which did have a crotch, so i could use it for my exhibition which will be held at Brampton Road Campus, Carlisle on June 6th-13th. Unfortunately with my awful luck the torso was too lengthy for my leotard and when i put my garment on it the leotard ripped and the fit was utterly terrible. Of course i cried a bunch. This project was like my baby and the last thing i wanted was to see all my hard work go to waste.  So my dad took an electric saw to the demon mannequin and i stayed up until 3am hand-sewing my 'life' back together. By this point i was so awake there was really no need in forcing my body to sleep.  I did have quite a successful photoshoot though, especially as it was shot in my conservatory using a white bed sheet against the wall! I'm really happy with the outcome!

003. This weekend was the Whitehaven Festival and i was actually really excited. I only went on the Saturday but i had high hopes, and honestly, i was so disappointed. I expected the Festival to be a lot better than last year seen as how it is the Queen's Jubilee an' all. There wasn't really any scheduled events and the amount of stalls were quite a bit lower. It seems that whenever there's something going on in Whitehaven all the scummy/crazy people you've never seen before all come out into daylight. Everyone's town has them, and the amount of American Flag leggings i have seen this week was shocking! We live in England, not America. What are you doing?! If you know be personally you would know that i have a vendetta against Parisian t-shirts (example: A top that has french writing on it, probably saying "J'adore" or some shit like that). I bet 90% of the people wearing these articles of clothing can't even speak french! Sorry I'm ranting now. Foreign writing tattoos also get on my wick! Why anyone would get a Chinese/French/Arabic word written on them is beyond me unless they are born there. Jesus. 

004. I didn't go out at all this weekend, god i feel like such a hermit crab. I really need to stop being a bore and have fun. AFTER June 22nd, old projects to do, grades to rise and that!

So many exclamation marks in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment