Sunday 20 May 2012

SUNDAY PORTRAIT WEEK 004


001. Another week of being extremely busy! I will post photos of my work soon, but i'd rather show you when it's finished. My project is coming along, i'm feeling a lot more confident about it this week. I have decided to make a leather bustier with nails sticking through and a metal cage to go over the top, maybe even a pleated leather skirt if i have time also. I made the metal cage this week in sculpture, it wasn't as hard as i expected (plus i had Dylan there to help). I'm really pleased with how it turned out but i now have quite a bit of filing to do, i can't imagine wearing a sort of metal back brace would be too comfortable! 

002. I have also been screen printing this week, i didn't at any point want to have print on my design but i thought the fact i'd tried it would look good with my work. I hadn't done screen printing for over a year and when i did i hated it, i didn't get any help at all. I tried to catch up with work but as i was ill for a couple of lessons i felt like i was too behind and the print lady is scary, and i mean really scary! Gutted when she remembered me, i ended up quitting her lesson and by the looks of things she was still not happy about it. 

003. I think it i went to print again i would find it a lot easier, i'd really like to print some t-shirts when i've finished my FMP. I have a few designs i'd like to do so i hope i have the to time to do it! If not, fabric transfers it is...

004. I've finally decided what university i want to go to.  I chose Leeds College of Art, i'm not sure if it's the right decision, but i guess i'll never know what's best for me. It's in a better location, i have friends there, the shops are more to my taste and it's closer to home (and my kittens).  Now all i've got to do is get the grades! Ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment